Tuesday, January 7, 2014

T-Minus 2 Days!

Two days...

TWO DAYS?

Only two.

In exactly 2 days, 14 hours, 24 minutes I will board my flight to Germany.

It just doesn't seem real.

After all the chaos of preparing for a simple trip across a big ocean I'm not sure that my heart will survive the calm (here's to hoping) nine hour flight. 

Through all the excitement of the last week I have hardly slept at all. You all know what I do when it's crunch time. I over-think.. stress.. plan.. stress.. plan MORE.. micromanage.. stress..plan EVEN more. I long to iron out every detail-even the tiniest of them in order to be over-prepared for anything thrown my way, all in order that my mind may rest. That is, until the next thing comes along! It's exhausting. My heart is pleading to rest in God's provision. 


25 “Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? 26 Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? 27 And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life? 28 And why are you anxious about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin, 29 yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.30 But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is alive and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? 31 Therefore do not be anxious, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the Gentiles seek after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all. 33 But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you." 34 “Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble." 

Matthew 6:25-34 is a 'snap back to reality' reminder for me. Verse 27 makes a good point, "And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life?" NOW THAT is a good question! I can hear that verse yelling out at me "Wake up Rachel! Stop sweating the small stuff! Quit worrying! God has a bigger plan. One you can not even fathom." Then verse 30 speaks to God's faithfulness to provide for all things and calls me out "O you of little faith" Pray with me, asking God to help my mind rest and believe what my heart knows, that He has and WILL provide. He will meet all my needs -safety, adequate (health) care, wellness, rest, energy, joy, PEACE!-according to His will. 

I'm thankful to serve a God that truly cares for me and ALL of my needs.

Although sometimes I am briefly overcome with worries about the unknown the majority of my time has been filled with excitement! I am very excited to (hopefully) apply what I learned in college to my day to day life. I'm excited to live with and learn from this wonderful Christ-centered family. I know this will be an amazing experience. I can not wait to see what's in store!


Also, I would love to hear from you guys while I'm gone! 

Leave a comment!
Or shoot me and e-mail (arrington.rach@gmail.com)!   

PS. I'm SO SERIOUS! I want to hear from you...ALL of you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment