Sunday, May 17, 2015

May: Cystic Fibrosis Awareness Month

May is Cystic Fibrosis Awareness month! This May I've decided to take a little leap out of my comfort zone and get a little uncomfortably close with everyone on the internet! *cue the Jaws theme music*



My little sis, Natalie, and I were both diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis (CF) at a young age. Growing up fighting this disease has been quite the roller coaster ride for us, our family, + our friends. However, it was recently brought to my attention that even those closest to me don't know a lot about how CF affects our lives, because to you we "don't look sick." And for that we are immensely thankful! Because who would want to walk around under a "sick little girl" cloud?! Not me!


Natalie and I enjoying a day at Noccalula Falls
 
 
Through a series of blogs I hope to help my friends, family, and the general public understand more about the life threatening disease that we battle every day. It is my desire to shed light on some of the questions you have (googled), but are too afraid (or polite) to ask. 

With that being said, there is nothing I would love more than to be able to answer those questions for you. So please, I'm begging you to, please ask away! In the comments, via text, email, carrier pigeon, or when you see me. 

Here's to raising awareness! The first step in making "CF" stand for "Cure Found!"



2 comments:

  1. Rachel, I think this is a great idea. Why don't you start with sharing what you would most like your friends to know about CF and how it affects your life? I think this is my very first blog post, by the way. Amy Machen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading, Mrs. Amy! That's exactly what I'm thinking for my next post :) Thank you for the feedback!

      Delete