Monday, November 11, 2013

A Few of My Favorite Things

A few of my favorite things, in no particular order:

Adoption, a picture of someone completely helpless being chosen by another, purely out of love. Doesn't get more beautiful than that! It is exactly what Christ did for us when he died so that we may be sons and daughters of the Most High. So incredibly humbling.

Hymns, mmmm, eloquently worded songs of grace, promise, glory and the Gospel. How can you not love hymns?! They often bring me to tears. Such good stuff.

America, land of the free because of the brave.

Which leads me to the brave! The men and women that serve in our military and their families hold a special place in my heart. In America we can live day to day with little to absolutely no sacrifice, while these families sacrifice daily. I feel that I can never show enough gratitude to them but one way I know that I can honor their sacrifice is by living in a way as to not take what they fought so hard to preserve for granted.

I want to go everywhere to see the complexity of God's beauty and creativity. I throughly enjoy traveling whether, on a boat, in bus, in a car, on a train, in a plane.. You name it, and I'll go!


While I could go for some lower diesel prices, I love driving. It's peaceful and exciting all at the same time (when it isn't raining)! I really can't ask for a better combination. 

People, all of the people! I just love meeting people because I get the opportunity to see the world through their lifetime of different experiences and culture. It amazes me how unique each and every individual I meet is, just amazing! 


For the longest time I wanted to be a car mechanic. Honestly, who doesn't want to be completely independent when it comes to caring for your car? Just me? Okay. It would just be nice not to feel as if I'm being cheated every time my 15-year-old looking self steps into a shop.
 
My love for Cracker Barrel started young and has bloomed into a full fledged obsession. There are so many choices! You just can't make a bad choice when it comes to their menu (except their side salads-blek!). Their pancakes, country ham biscuits, strawberry jam, grilled chicken, green beans, apple sauce, sweet potato casserole, Sunday's hand breaded and deep friend chicken breast special..Whew! Good stuff!

Also Pancakes. Tell me, how are they SO good?! Always.

Sadly, writing is not one of my favorite things. Probably because I'm not very good at it. I have so many words trying to come out that I seem to never be able to put them together into a striking, witty, spectacular story. However, I will not let that hold me back, my blog will prevail with or without readers. ha!

Until next time, 

Rach

No comments:

Post a Comment